Tuesday, May 5, 2009

another week, another wedding



Hello again!

Last weekend (Sunday the 3rd May) I went to yet another wedding - with a difference. This one took place at a farm! Now I know what you're thinking - don't think that. It was really very nice! The venue, called Chapel Farm, http://www.chapelfarm.com.au/ was not too far from the city, and not too rustic either. (Plus there was not a chapel to be seen - yay!) The bride wore an amazing sage green dress, which may seem rather non-weddingy, but as the style was very traditional (strapless, long, full skirt) it was still suitably bridal. My hubby and I sat next to his cousins, let's call them Andrew and Wanda, ( I'm new to this blogging thing, I don't know how anonymous I have to be...) who I had previously not known well at all. They're so cool though - turns out we have heaps in common! "Wanda" was wearing a delightful apricot coloured 1970's maxi-dress, made out of floaty printed fabric with three tiered overlays.... I complimented her on this glorous garment and she told me she got it from a shop in the Eastern States called "Grandma takes a Trip": http://www.grandmatakesatrip.com.au/first.html .... I'm off to the travel agent now! :)

Now lest I come across as a shallow one-trick pony (or peacock), concerned only with fashion, let me tell you about the other exciting part of the day.... there were animals at Chapel Farm! And not mundane cows and sheep either. There was a beautiful donkey, named Cinderella. I know, I used to think that a donkey was just a poor man's horse, but they are so beautiful! I think what made Cinderella so cute was her disproportionately large head and eyes....

And guess what other fauna Chapel Farm has? Two lovely teddy-bear-like alpacas! They are an awesome South American animal very simlilar to llamas - so similar in fact, that they can even get together and make little llama/alpaca babies called huarizo, which apparently are very sweet-natured and make great pets! Confirmed - South America has THE COOLEST animals ever. Stay tuned for more crummy rants...
(Donkey picture from Seven day old Donkey_0715 by hoyasmeg liscenced under creative commons)

2 comments:

  1. For someone who's new to this blogging thing, you seem to have taken to it like a duck to water!

    May does seem to be the month for weddings. I know of three that are happening this month. They've been lucky as we've had all of this lovely weather, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes well I do like to share my many opinions, haha! :)

    I agree that Autumn is the perfect time of year for weddings. My wedding was the 30th April (4 years ago).Spring tends to be too cold, wet and hayfevery I think!

    ReplyDelete