Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The first week (retrospective)

Hi and welcome to 'the crumb diaries'; I hope you enjoy these tasty morsels from my life!
I went to a friend's wedding down south on the 25th April which FINALLY gave me an excuse to wear a dress that has been hanging all forlorn and fabulous in my wardrobe for months. Check it out here, it's super-awesome! I got it from a very cool shop called Burlesque Baby which I recommend you check out if you are a fan of the 1940s/50s pin-up style: http://www.burlesquebaby.com.au/.
Another sartorially splendid experience I had that weekend was a clothing swap party on Sunday arvo. These parties are run by the owner of a local vintage clothing store called Winifred and Bance: http://winifredandbance.com/. They take place every three months and are so much fun. Tix are only $15 which includes champers and cupcakes! I also like the egalitarian approach of Winnie B swap parties - each person may bring between one and ten items of clothing, which are all deemed to be of the same worth - one button each. Swapper beware though, bringing 10 buttons worth of clothing does not guarantee you 10 buttons worth of returns. But don't worry - any rejected garments at the end of the day go to charity. :)

2 comments:

  1. I like your swapper beware warning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks clover25! Yeah I think some people go into it with the wrong attitude.I overheard a couple of people saying to their friends that there was nothing they liked, and so they wanted their stuff back. Moral of the story: If you like it even a little you shouldn't take it to swap!!!

    ReplyDelete