Monday, May 25, 2009

Delish Thing!

Well hello there Thingers and the world at large!
This week I learned about tagging with Delicious and Library Thing. Which was great coz previously I knew nothing about tagging! I had seen tags on websites and never known how to add them or what they were for. To use Delicious most easily you really need Firefox and as we use Explorer at work, there were some initial issues but when they were resolved i added:

Deville's Pad
Explore Ancient Worlds (ABC Science)
Burlesque & Pin-up Clothing Burlesque Baby
Shop Til You Drop
Red Stripe Clothing
triple j

One thing I found a little annoying about the whole tagging thing is the fact that these two applications use different conventions; ie, Delicious uses spaces to delinete between tags, whereas Library Thing uses commas. I somehow overlooked this bit of info (although it was right there on-screen!!) when tagging my books on Library Thing. So I had to go back and add commas in between the words, which was slightly irritating. It was a fun excercise however, I am especially excited about Library Thing. The perfectionist in me is dying to catalogue each and every book I own, but that may take a while!

2 comments:

  1. Everyone has different tagging conventions, it seems. Some go for spaces, some go for commas, some let you have non-alphanumeric characters, others don't... You do get used to them eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I guess it's really no big deal.... just took additional time. But I was SUPER-excited to see that people have recommended books to me already! And not just the automatic suggestions either! Real live people! What's the ettiquette there, do I reply to them???

    ReplyDelete